Saturday 7 June 2008

Pop Art For Me

It was my birthday earlier this week. I forgot. I'm just that old.


No. I'm kidding. I didn't forget. And neither did my friends and family. *gush*


In fact, one gift comes with memory to hold forever. For it is one of those 'I'll run into a burning house for.' Not that I ever plan to prove that statement.


But really, it's that close to my heart. And this makes complete sense, cause this gift giver is really close to my heart.


A few years back Twirly and I were admiring a canvas portrait of a friend's son. Done in a two tone technique, it literally pops off the wall. (What is it with me describing artwork lately...like I would know?)

Anyhoo, as with most things that grab at me, I exclaimed, I must get that done for my girls!


Fast forward to late last year when I took what I thought was a really cool photo of the girls sleeping. Their heads turned in formed a perfect heart. And they were peacefully sleeping. My angels. See below?
Somewhere, somehow, millions of miles away, Twirly knew just what to do. And this is the canvas artwork I recieved in the post today. (It is 100x more gorgeous in person. Remember, it pops!)

I love love love it. Thank you Twirly!


7 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday and what a gorgeous picture of the girls, can't wait to see it in person!!!!!!

Toni said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sherry!!

What a precious picture! I can see why you will treasure it forever!

Anna K. said...

Happy Birthday, Shug! I'm glad that you had a nice one...complete with that utterly beautiful canvas of your girls. Twirly, you are a wonder!

Megan Cobb said...

Oh it's so neat! I see why you love it so much. I'd love to have a couple of those for the blank but nicely painted wall going up my stairs.

Alanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sherry! The pic is gorgeous! You can almost hear them sleeping!

Todd Family said...

Happy Birthday - didn't know sorry.
LOVE the picture of the girls.

Bunny said...

Just an amazing photo and artwork. A treasure for sure. Beautiful subjects too. Happy Birthday