Sunday 7 August 2011

Summer's in the Bag

Just came from my biz blog where I wrote about taking inspiration (with permission, of course) into our sewing projects. This counts in the homefront as well. Recently, I made some very cool and oh, so easy bags. I originally spied them at designer Judith's blog and she credited the original pattern at Grosgrain.

The morning I was sewing, the in-laws dropped in. Handy enough, I was just finishing one and my MIL was thrilled when I gave her the first one.

You can't see the fabric up close, but the floral pattern is a vintage print that came along in a box of excess scraps from a fabric company in Dublin. It seemed to be a perfect fit for Nanny.

This will tell you how behind I am on posting. My scramble to make these bags one morning--and I did, three in one morning-- was for my daughter's teachers as thank you gifts back in June. Needless to say, the girls were delighted to model before taking to them in as gifts.

It was a countdown to school ending. Now we've begun the countdown to school beginning. My cutiepie,who is about to enter the full day in first class, is driving the back-to-school campaign.

And, this mom's right behind her.





No comments: