Thursday 27 May 2010

Bless You

Bless those who still believe in me. From my comments on my last post, I see there is life after blogger abductions.



Abductions sound alarming, almost criminal. Again, it's that life keeps getting in the way. I've complained before, I know. My thoughts go dark for a minute, but it doesn't take long to remember, oh, you don't have it that bad. Wimp.




Berrynice the AuPair has gone home for a visit so I've been winging it for the week. Hoping to high goodness I'm not graded or sanctioned for my abilities, or rather, inabilities in her absense. If you want to know how much someone makes a difference in your life, send them away for a week. Me? I knew in the first 24 hours.



Unfortunately, so did Cutiepie.



"Mom, Berrynice does this." "Berrynice does it this way." "But MOM, Berrynice does it like this."




BTW, this was a photo taken before Berrynice ran away left, so catastrophes like leapard print and hot pink does still happen.


I think she finally flipped her 5yo lid on the third morning when, yet again, I asked who wears their gym clothes that day and who does not.


"MOM! We get dressed EVERY single day for EVERY week; don'tcha know by now?"


I would have skyped Berrynice right there and then if I had a minute to spare. At this point I was negative 4 minutes.


And four minutes--well, that's enough to miss the school bus. Since the car is in repair and our family of four is left with a jeep for two, missing the school bus is not an option.


It is funny how in moments of disarray and panic, in a frantic powerstruggle a parent can easily set themselves up.


(DH--bless him too. I must say he makes a better second for Berrynice than I do.) He walks the girls to the bus. ('Cause you sure the heck know I ain't dressed yet.) Today, he had a near miss in saying, "Hurry up or you'll miss the bus. And we have no way of getting you to school!"


Yeah, he might as well have announced there's no school and you can have ice cream for breakfast! Trust me, those girls know when to put on the brakes for the ice cream man!


Luckily I thought quick enough to start crazy screaming over him about some nonsense of homework, shoes and whether Babydoll has knickers on. Thank gawd no one heard his threats.



And me, well at least my crazy-scream nonsense fooled them into thinking I had it all under control.


If only I knew who has gym on Thursdays.

















1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Glad to hear from you...I do think of you often and wonder how you are doing. Sounds like this week is interesting without your helper..she sounds like a real gem. :o)