Friday 23 January 2009

My Daughter is a Writer, So She Is

Overheard at bedtime:

Babydoll: Daddy, I have homework! I can't go to bed now.

I ask: What? Why did you tell Daddy you have homework? You DID your homework earlier!

Babydoll: I know. BUT, at bedtime my fingers feel like writing! So they do.

(That explains the morning bed filled with pens and paper every day. No joke, people.)

Note: "So they do." I'm told this is part of the County Wicklow Irish dialog. I fight the urge to giggle--it is so foreign to me and yet it flows naturally from my daughter's tongue.

"Mommy, I'm hungry. So I am."
"The movie is just about over. So it is."
"Her mother is a teacher. So she is."

Babydoll must pick it up from school. So she does.


1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

My daughter is like that with drawing and artsy stuff. You may recall last summer when we went camping she "needed" to draw the scenery almost as soon as we got there...she's also been know to take a "photograph with her mind!" If she's doing this at 5..I can't wait to see what she does when she's older.
It's great when they find something they love doing...perhaps it's an early indication as to what they do in the future...with your daughters love of writing you've got to wonder will your daughter be co-editor of the largest quilting magazine in Europe? :o)