Wednesday 5 March 2008

Surprises Still at Seventy Years Young




Finally, I presented my mother-in-law with her memory quilt. It was a joy to watch everyone pick themselves out of the mirage of photographic peicework.

(adorning the label)

this is the quilt that love built

with memorable pictures just right

pieced by family long into the night

for Nodie who's going 70 years bright

quilted by sherry in hopes it might

wrap 'round Nanny with warmth just right

this is the quilt that love built

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Aw, you are so sweet. I'm sure it will be treasured for years to come.

PiecefulChaos said...

What an heirloom - I'm sure she will treasure it. I love the label too. How lucky your mother in law is to have a daughter in law who cares so much for her!

Anonymous said...

hey Sherry
I want say to my Irish Nanny "happy birthday".
xoxoxox
CĂ©line

Sherry said...

Celine, I lost your email--will you send it to me again?
xoxo