Wednesday 26 September 2007

Happy Birthday Girle!







Yesterday was Girle (girl-E)’s birthday, my stepdaughter’s 11th birthday. We plan to celebrate her birthday this weekend too. I made her this pencil role. She is quite artistic. I hope she likes it. She dislikes all things pink and calls herself a punk rocker…so I think the celtic blue/black cover suits her. If I had black and red skull and cross bones I would’ve used that!
The idea was taken from the very talented Pink Chalk Studio. Since I was winging it without pattern, I will admit the flaw you may or may not see above. The padding is flannel, and on my next one I will be sure to minimize the flannel so it is not actually in the seams. It made the seams thicker and they did not rest as nicely as I would have liked. But I am still proud and can't wait to give it to Girle. She is very special, talented and a true spark in my life and I can't wait to see her interest.

2 comments:

Kate North said...

Happy Birthday to Girle - if you go to FOQ next year again, you should bring her - she can hang with my DD1, who was 10 today. They can be punk rockers who hate pink together (actually, mine doesn't hate pink, but she's not a girlie girl...)

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

I always notice all the flaws in something I make. I don't see any in yours. I think it turned out fabulous. I smile everytime I see my girls drawing on the floor with their pencil rolls. I'm sure your daughter will love it.