Thursday 15 January 2009

Good News, Bad News


The good news is I made time for sewing.
The bad news is I forgot I wanted to wash this floor this morning.
Yesterday we put IQ issue 2 to bed at the printers. Hooray! And life returns, a little, to normal. But the beat goes on, and we want to keep ahead so each issue is not a frenzy to the finish line. It will get easier with some hard days interpersed so to keep real.


This quilt is traditional. I've gone back to my roots: scrapping. A little boy was born in September and I'm aching to do a quilt for him--and then I heard his Christianing is happening on Sunday. Here we go again.

In case you can't tell, this is a color wash--I'm hoping it turns out that way. The center is very light blue, in fact blue shirting (bits of blue on white) the next section is darker light blue, and the outside rows are dark blue. The border or binding will take a nearly black blue.

Love the look of color wash. Let's hope it comes out that way.

Last night I went to my sewing group, another, hooray! I missed them all last fall. But before that I did my WW weigh in--I'm chumming along with Cathi on our weight loss program. I lost 2 lbs, thankfully.

I hope you all saw in my last post that we did not forget you at Christmas. The cards never did appear; but Vistaprint did give me a refund. Now I have to mail the dozen or so gifts who were waiting for the cards. Party happened, but their date never showed for them!

Oh, the best news in this sewing post is AM over here is doing a sewing retreat. Big hooray for her. I cannot wait. No, I, CANNOT, wait! One of my friends from sewing group last night is going, and she said bought new pjs for that weekend. Of course! I can't remember when I last had new pjs, so I'm off to snag me a pair.
Hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love what you are working on...blue is my favorite colour...I bet it will look fab when it is done.