Wednesday 15 April 2009

Nothing Wrong with Being Prepared

Tomorrow morning...I'm headed here.

Meanwhile, my daughters are headed to Wexford to stay with Sue and family. Sue is a friend who would do anything for you. I am blessed with her friendship and we are equally blessed with children who adore each other. Often, she or I combine our children so the other mom has a little me-time or get-out-of-town time.

I don't know who gets more excited, me or the girls.

While I'm still putting out yesterday's fires, the girls began packing for this two-day trip about two bites into their french toast this morning.

Tonight before bed, I thought maybe I should put on my Mom hat and actually check their packed bag.

Sue's favourite pasttime is calling me and reporting that my daughters arrived with 6 toothbrushes, mismatched shirts, and a lonely sock. We end up snickering and laughing, cause it's usually DH who's the 'prepare for dropoff' parent.

But this time, as I zipped and pulled from bag, I knew the girls packed their own bag. And this is how I know:




Let's recap: 2-day trip. 4yo & 6yo girls. my daughters. four feet. sixteen feet apparel.

Suffice to say, these shoes don't fall far from the foot.






3 comments:

Robin said...

oh my goodness...that is too funny. That is so me when I pack too! Have fun!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

How about that...I'm reading your blog and Irish Quilting comes through the door at the same time! Freaky :o)

Too funny about what the girls packed...bet you are glad you checked. Have a great time at The Stitch & Creative Crafts Show.

And many thanks for the magazine :o) I'm off to make a cup of tea and enjoy every last word on this dreary wet day.

rachel griffith said...

oh how cute!!!
they are gonna love to hear this story when they are bigger.

have fun!!!